High Point Christian Academy is committed to Christ-centered, quality education and academic excellence in partnership with family and church within a loving, caring atmosphere.
STATEMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
High Point Christian Academy students will acquire wisdom, knowledge, and a Biblical worldview as evidenced by a lifestyle of character, leadership, scholarship, service, stewardship, and worship.
Specifically, young men and women, products of Christian schooling, will mature to loving God with all their heart, mind, and soul (Matthew 22:37); growing in wisdom and stature (Luke 2:52); being willing to stand apart from the world as salt and light (Matthew 5:13-14); and giving sacrificially of themselves and their resources, reflecting the essence and love of Christ who lives and dwells within them (Romans 12:1).
威尼斯9499 Expected Student Outcomes
Spiritually, our students will:
1. profess faith in Christ as Savior.
2. grow spiritually, evidencing the fruit of the Spirit in attitudes.
3. seek to know God’s Word and obey God’s will for them.
4. share the gospel with others.
Academically, our students will:
1. adopt a Christian worldview through a biblically integrated curriculum.
2. be culturally literate and well-read, knowing what they believe and why.
3. desire to become life-long learners.
4. be well prepared for college and/or career training.
Socially, our students will:
1. relate well to others, modeling the fruit of the Spirit.
2. accept responsibilities of citizenship and opportunities of service willingly.
3. be responsible for their actions and behavior.
4. honor God’s design for personal relationships.
Physically, our students will:
1. develop and enhance their physical abilities.
2. establish healthy habits.
3. display modesty in appearance.
4. display proper sportsmanship.
威尼斯9499 Core Values
High Point Christian Academy was established by Green Street Baptist Church as an outgrowth of its ministry for the purpose of:
1. leading a student to Christ.
2. building a student up in Christ.
3. equipping a student to serve Christ.
Dependence upon God
High Point Christian Academy will be faithful to Christ by prayerfully:
1. seeking God’s will and direction in all matters of the Academy.
2. following His leading, regardless of circumstances and consequences.
3. trusting Him to supply all of our needs in the development and operation of the Academy.
High Point Christian Academy recognizes God as the Source of Truth and will acknowledge God in the academic program by daily:
1. integrating Biblical truth into every area of the curriculum.
2. using curriculum and teaching that will uphold the traditional family, the dignity of life, and the Biblically-defined institutions of marriage, family, church and government.
3. using curriculum and teaching that will unite science and faith.
4. using curriculum and teaching that reinforces the principle of the work ethic.
5. using curriculum and teaching that is Biblically-based and developmentally appropriate.
High Point Christian Academy places emphasis on the Christian character and professional qualifications of our personnel. Therefore, we accomplish this by:
1. hiring capable, properly-degreed, certified teachers of notable Christian testimony and maturity who will be role models, teaching from a Biblical worldview.
2. maintaining an equitable, regionally-comparable salary scale and employee benefits.
3. requiring ongoing professional development.
Partnering with Parents
High Point Christian Academy recognizes that the education of children and youth is the primary responsibility of parents. Therefore, we will assist parents by:
1. pursuing the achievement of our spiritual, academic, social and physical objectives.
2. developing, improving and expanding the academy’s programs and services.
3. strengthening the home-school relationship via regular communication and sound academy policy.
Philosophy of Education
The Purpose of Education
The purpose of education is to know God and respond to His Word (Proverbs 1:7). When students are rightly related to God through a personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and as they learn His Word, they can view the world from a Biblical perspective and apply Biblical truth to all areas of learning and life.
The Content of Education
The God of the Bible is the Source of Truth (John 14:6). In addition to academic knowledge and skills, education is concerned with the spiritual development of students. Instruction in Biblical morality and the diligent pursuit of a Christ-like character must be part of a complete education.
The Process of Education
Education is accomplished through a professionally complete Christian teacher using instruction methods that are appropriate for the content and the developmental level of the student. A variety of methods may be used to teach the content and enable students to think critically (Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Proverbs 22:6).
The Responsibility of Education
The education of children and youth is the primary responsibility of parents (Deuteronomy 6:6-7). Teachers partner with families by providing academic instruction and by serving as Christian role models.
The Nature of the Student
Students are physical and spiritual beings created by God in His image (Genesis 1:27, 2:7) and are of great worth in His eyes. They are sinners who need to profess faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Each student is unique with a preferred learning style, and each is endowed by God with varying levels of academic, physical and creative abilities.
Statement of Faith
1. The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s only written revelation of Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. All Scripture is totally true and trustworthy.
2. There is one and only one living and true God; the eternal triune God who reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ, He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and was without sin. He gave His life as a substitutionary death on the cross, was raised from the dead with a glorified body, ascended into Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God.
4. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God who indwells believers, enables men to understand truth and convicts men of sin. He cultivates Christian character, comforts believers, and bestows spiritual gifts by which they serve God.
5. God is the Creator of the universe. Man is a special creation of God, made in His own image.|
6. In the beginning man was innocent of sin and was endowed by his Creator with freedom of choice. By his free choice man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. This places man under God’s condemnation.
7. Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. There is no salvation apart from personal faith alone in Jesus Christ as Lord.
8. All true believers endure to the end. Believers may fall into sin through neglect and temptation, yet they shall be kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.
9. Christ will return personally and visibly to the earth: the dead will be raised and Christ will judge all men in righteousness. The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell, the place of everlasting punishment. The righteous will receive their reward and will dwell forever in Heaven with the Lord.
10. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime.
11. Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord.
12. Man is the special creation of God, made in His own image. He created them, male and female, as the crowning work of His creation. The gift of gender is thus part of the goodness of God’s creation.
13. A New Testament church is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers who God will use to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth.
14. Christ’s people are to live in Christian unity and may engage in voluntary cooperation with various Christian denominations for common ends when such cooperation involves no violation of conscience or compromise of loyalty to Christ and His Word as revealed in the New Testament.
Since 威尼斯9499 is a Southern Baptist established school, all doctrinal matters must conform to the “Baptist Faith and Message” of the Southern Baptist Convention.